The Top 20 Things to know about the SoC Production Equipment Room
SOC Production Equipment Room Is Located in Rm 1001 Wolfson Building
Hours of Operation MONDAY – FRIDAY 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM
Checkouts begin at 10AM
5pm Latest time to begin a checkout
· The contact info for SoC Production Equipment Room is Tel: 305-284-3864 Tod Landess, Production Equipment Supervisor, email@example.com & Chris Briggs, firstname.lastname@example.org
· All equipment must be reserved a day in advance at https://gear.com.miami.edu/
· To have booking permissions, you must be currently enrolled in a production course. If you are not registered for a course you must be approved by the project or show’s supervising faculty member and or Department Chair.
· Check Out Cycles are for 48 hours or 4 day weekends. Mon-Wed; Tue-Thurs- Wed-Fri; Thurs-Mon; Fri-Tue
· No back to back reservations, reservations must be for non-consecutive check out cycles. You cannot check-in equipment in the morning and check out again in the afternoon or next day. However, extensions are available with permission of faculty and equipment room managers.
· If you do not pick up your reservation at the scheduled time it will automatically be cancelled after 2 hours. All Reservations to checkout between 3:30 - 5 pm will be cancelled if user does not show up by 5pm. If you do not pick up your reservation without cancelling in advance your account may be temporarily suspended.
· You are personally responsible for all equipment that you check out and agree to pay any imposed fees for lost and or damaged equipment. Late fees accrue automatically at $2 per hour, $10 per day and the account is temporarily suspended until paid. Any equipment not returned within two days of the due date may result in a temporary account suspension of a week or more with the consultation of supervising faculty member or Dept. Chair.
· If items are lost or damaged, equipment privileges will be revoked until that item is returned, replaced, repaired or a payment plan has been approved by the Department Chair and Production Equipment Supervisor.
· University of Miami and School of Communication resources are not to be used for commercial gains or for projects that are not part of a supported SoC Production Course, Project or UMTV Show. Students found to be in violation of this policy will face disciplinary actions, which may include suspension or more limited access to equipment on an approval only basis for each check out.
· 1 Camera per student or project/ per checkout
· Constant late returns may result in suspension of equipment privileges
· Test equipment before leaving the Equipment room, any issues or damage sustained after that will be the responsibility of the student.
· The Equipment Room is not responsible for any personal items left in equipment bags
· All users of SoC Production equipment must sign the SoC Production Agreement Form.
· The Parking Department has created a Pay By Phone (PBP) location code for the loading zone area used by students to pick-up/drop-off equipment. The code is (330422). Download the PBP app. Enter the code provided and it will allow you to park free for 30 minutes only while you pick-up/drop-off equipment.
· Important dates to remember for Spring Semester 2020
· The Equipment Room will be closed for Spring Break March 7th – 15th. All equipment checked out March 5th and 6th will be due back on March 16th and 17th.
· The Last day to check out equipment without faculty approval will be April 28th.
· The Last day to check out equipment with faculty approval will be May 4th.
· All production equipment will be due back to the Equipment Room for inventory no later than Wednesday, May 6th.
· The Equipment Room will be closed for inventory May 7th – 15th.
· Any approved summer check outs may begin to be scheduled starting Monday May 18th.