- Mon-Fri 8:00am - 8:00 pm
- 7:30 pm Latest time to begin checkout
All appointments for checkouts and returns must be made here first at:
- Click here for Garage Door / Curbside (Large CCA Checkouts)
COVID-19 Soc Production Equipment Room Update Fall 2020
We have made some changes to promote social distancing and to to safely checkout and return Production Equipment during this challenging time of the "New Normal".
• The process to checkout & return SoC Production Equipment will make use of appointment times, staggered at 30 minute intervals at one of two stations, Front Door/Counter OR Back Door/Curbside, to minimize traffic and promote social distancing while on campus. All transactions are APPOINTMENT ONLY!
• Wearing of face mask while on campus is required.
• All equipment will be sanitized by Equipment Room staff upon return.
• Appointments can be made for weekdays between 8 am – 7:30 pm. All appointments & equipment must be reserved a day in advance at https://gear.com.miami.edu/
• Bookable Check Out Cycles are for a minimum of 48 hours or maximum of 7 days. However, extensions are available with permission of faculty and equipment room managers.
• Students will be limited to a maximum of 4 checkouts per semester. Additional checkouts would be available only with permission of faculty and equipment room managers.
Please see the Complete Top 20 Things to know about the Soc Production Equipment Room below in our Policies section.
On behalf of all of us at the SoC we wish you a Safe and Healthy Semester.
The Top 20 Things to Know About the SoC Production Equipment Room
Hours of Operation MONDAY – FRIDAY 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM
• The contact info for SoC Production Equipment Room is Tel: 305-284-3864 Tod Landess, Production Equipment Supervisor, email@example.com & Chris Briggs, firstname.lastname@example.org
• To have booking permissions, you must be currently enrolled in an SoC production course. If you are not registered for a course you must be approved by the project or show’s supervising faculty member and or Department Chair
• The process to checkout & return SoC Production Equipment will make use of appointment times, staggered at 30 minute intervals at one of two stations, Front Door/Counter OR Back Door/Curbside, to minimize traffic and promote social distancing while on campus.
• Wearing of face mask while on campus is required.
• All equipment will be sanitized by Equipment Room personnel upon return.
• Appointments can be made for weekdays between 8 am – 7:30 pm. All appointments & equipment must be reserved at least day in advance at https://gear.com.miami.edu/
• Bookable Check Out Cycles are for a minimum of 48 hours or maximum of 7 days. Extensions are possible based on availability with permission of faculty and equipment room manager.
• Students will be limited to a maximum of 4 checkouts per semester. Additional checkouts would be requested, and based on availability, with permission of faculty and equipment room manager are possible.
• No back to back reservations, reservations must be for non-consecutive check out cycles. You cannot check-in equipment in the morning and check out again in the afternoon or next day.
• If you do not pick up your reservation at the scheduled time it will automatically be cancelled. If you do not pick up your reservation without cancelling in advance your account may be temporarily suspended.
• You are personally responsible for all equipment that you check out and agree to pay any imposed fees for lost and or damaged equipment. Late fees accrue automatically at $2 per hour, $10 per day and the account is temporarily suspended until paid. Any equipment not returned within two days of the due date may result in a temporary account suspension of a week or more with the consultation of supervising faculty member or Department Chair. Constant late returns may result in suspension of equipment privileges
• If items are lost or damaged, equipment privileges will be revoked until that item is returned, replaced, repaired or a payment plan has been approved by the Department Chair and Production Equipment Supervisor.
• University of Miami and School of Communication resources are not to be used for commercial gains or for projects that are not part of a supported SoC Production Course, Project or UMTV Show. Students found to be in violation of this policy will face disciplinary actions, which may include suspension or more limited access to equipment on an approval only basis for each check out.
• 1 Camera per student or project per checkout other quantity restrictions per resource may apply.
• It is your responsibility to check and test equipment before leaving the Equipment Room, any issues or damage sustained after that will be the responsibility of the student.
• The Equipment Room is not responsible for any personal items left in equipment bags.
• All users of SoC Production equipment must sign the SoC Production Agreement Form.
• The Parking Department has created a Pay By Phone (PBP) location code for the loading zone area used by students to pick-up/drop-off equipment. The code is (330422). Download the PBP app. Enter the code provided and it will allow you to park free for 30 minutes only while you pick-up/drop-off.
· Important dates to remember for Fall Semester 2020
· The First Day to Check out equipment with permission will be Monday August 24th, 2020.
· The Equipment Room will be closed Monday September 7th for Labor Day.
· The Last day to check out equipment with faculty approval will be Friday November 13th and all equipment will be due back no later than Friday November 20th.