The Top 20 Things to know about the SoC Production Equipment Room
SOC Production Equipment Room Located in Rm 1001 Wolfson Building
Hours of operation and Check Out & Check In Times:
MONDAY – FRIDAY 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM
Checkouts begin at 10AM
5pm Latest time to begin a checkout
· The contact info for SoC Production Equipment Room is Tel: 305-284-3864 Tod Landess, Production Equipment Supervisor, firstname.lastname@example.org & Chris Briggs, email@example.com
· All equipment must be reserved a day in advance at https://gear.com.miami.edu/
· To have booking permissions, you must be currently enrolled in a production course. If you are not registered for a course you must be approved by the project or show’s supervising faculty member and or Department Chair.
· Check Out Cycles are for 48 hours or 4 day weekends. Mon-Wed; Tue-Thur; Wed-Fri; Thur-Mon; Fri-Tue
· No back to back reservations, reservations must be for non-consecutive check out cycles. You cannot check-in equipment in the morning and check out again in the afternoon or next day. However, extensions are available with permission of faculty and equipment room managers.
· If you do not pick up your reservation at the scheduled time it will be cancelled after 2 hours! All Reservations made for between 3:30 - 5 pm will be cancelled if user does not show up by 5pm.
· If you do not pick up your reservation without cancelling in advance your account may be temporarily suspended.
· You are personally responsible for all equipment that you check out and agree to pay any imposed fees for lost and or/damaged equipment. Late fees are $2 per hour, $10 per day. Any equipment not returned within 5 business days after the due date will result in an account suspension of a week or more and may be charged in full to the patron.
· If items are lost or missing, equipment privileges will be revoked until that item is returned, replaced or a payment plan has been approved by the Department Chair and Production Equipment Supervisor.
· 1 Camera per student or project/ per checkout
· Constant late returns will result in suspension of equipment privileges
· Test equipment before leaving the Equipment room, any issues sustained after that will be on the responsibility of the student
· The Equipment Room is not responsible for any personal items left in equipment bags
· The Parking Department has created a Pay By Phone (PBP) location code for the loading zone area used by students to pick-up/drop-off equipment. The code is (330422). Download the PBP app. Enter the code provided and it will allow you to park free for 30 minutes only while you pick-up/drop-off equipment.
All students must read The Top 20 Things to know about the SoC Production Equipment Room and sign the SoC PRODUCTION AGREEMENT FORM